Aug 27, 2009

The taste of complete and utter fugness

I have been working very hard to be both health/ nutrition conscious and budget conscious. While one actually sort of follows the other, I some times fall of the wagon and will eat, say, a hot muffalletta with a goat cheese salad. All 9,000 glorious calories of it at a whopping $9.50 price tag ( Crave in the Galleria, you can totally suck it). When I decide to eat something from home the price is built into my grocery bill ( love love love Super Target*) and the calories are usually a gentle 200-350 per meal. And the quality/ taste of the food is generally better too.
Enter mistake numero uno. Un Grande mistake-o. I really fucked up.

Today I ate something I regret. I ate something that still haunts my mouth and stomach because my body refuses to throw it back up despite my mind willing my body to just go ahead and spew it all away. Yuck Yuck Yuck, I ate Lean Cuisine Macaroni and Cheese.
You guys, I should have known better. As it microwaved it got gelatinous chunks of "cheese" in it that didn't go away with stirring and remained glued to my fork despite my efforts at wiping, flinging and rinsing the cheese globs away.
The first bite was...odd...it was kind of chewy but with the consistency of noodles cooked too long. It tasted like bland cheese flavored chemicals and smelled like garlic. Why did I eat more? I will never know. I ate most of the package with my stomach telling me "no no no!!!" and my brain saying "Sarah, it is 270 calories and you need to eat lunch. Don't be wasteful." I could have eaten 270 calories of lard and felt better afterwards and lard wouldn't have left a chemical cheese/ garlic flavor in my mouth.
In summation... I hate you Lean Cuisine.

* I love Super Target. I love Super Target so much I want to live at Super Target. There is almost NOTHING you can't get at Super Target and I have yet to find something I can't get there that I can't find either a suitable substitute or couldn't just live with out it. Super Target is my Mecca. Super Target is my sanctuary. I want to have little tiny, bargain priced, up and up babies with Super Target. O.k. that last part was a stretch. Because Saint Michael works for Target Corp ( boo ya!) we get the great perk of the employee discount so all the awesome things we love at Super Target are cheaper for our family.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

you've got guts for even eating mac and cheese that's not kraft.

Candi said...

Eeek - yes, I could've told you that the LC mac & cheese was not a good choice. If, you ever find yourself gravitating towards lean cuisine's, let me suggest their panini or flatbread sandwiches. Much better. :) Hope you feel better soon!!

Post a Comment